Joan Costa has recently published the new edition of its Tourist Map of Ibiza (Eivissa) and Formentera, the most rigorous and complete in the market. All contents have been reviewed and updated for this 9th edition.
A sea of information
The map of the islands of Ibiza and Formentera appears on side A, at a scale of 1:70,000. Detailed maps of the main tourist areas are on side B:
En la cara A aparece el mapa de las islas de Ibiza y Formentera, a escala 1:70.000. En la cara B figuran planos detallados de las principales zonas turísticas: Platja d’en Bossa, the city of Ibiza (with extension of Dalt Vila and the port), Talamanca, Cala Llonga, Santa Eulària des Riu and urbanization Siesta, es Canar, Portinatx, Sant Antoni de Portmany and Sant Antoni bay.
This publication is multilingual: the symbols are detailed in Catalan, Spanish, English, German, French and Italian. A glossary of terms translated into these languages is also included.
The abundant information contained in the Tourist Map of Ibiza and Formentera is clearly structured:
- Place names are normalized in Catalan, the vernacular language of the Balearic Islands. Populations, véndes and other locations are included; also coves, beaches, mountains, torrents, fountains…
- Recommended visits and places of tourist interest: cultural points (museums and interpretation centers, places of historical, architectural or archaeological interest), natural areas, nightclubs and nightclubs, water parks, commercial and sport ports …
- Tourist accommodation: 425 hotels, apartments or rural hotels are indicated. The dynamism of this sector is reflected in the more than 100 venues recently opened or that have changed their name since the previous edition of the Tourist Map.
- Symbols that facilitate the location of beaches, petrol stations, hospitals and health centers, churches and other points of interest.
- Roads: the entire network of highways, secondary roads and paved roads is included; a large number of dirt roads and some trails are also indicated, as well as pedestrian streets in urban areas. The nomenclature of the roads has been updated.
- Limits of municipalities and towns, of park or nature reserve and other protected natural areas.
- Buildings: all urbanized areas and isolated houses.
- Relief: it stands out with a shaded background. The main altitude levels are also indicated. In this new edition of the Tourist Map the colors that show the altimetry simulate the local landscape, with a more intense green in the mountainous areas.
- Useful information: websites, telephone numbers and calendar of public celebrations.
- Indexs of place names and tourist accomodation.
Title: Tourist Map of Ibiza and Formentera. Author and editor: Joan Costa / Mapa Cultural. 9th edition, 2019 (1st edition, 2001). ISBN: 978-84-697-4942-5. Printing paper: Soporset offset premium, FSC-certified. Folded size: 25,5 x 12,5 cm; unfolded size: 51 x 99 cm.
If you want to buy the Tourist Map of Ibiza and Formentera, contact Joan Costa.